Recipe by: Kate Hanam
Source: Kate Hanam
Serves: 8 – 10
- 1 tbsp oil , coconut or vegetable
- 1300 grams pumpkin chopped
- 2 large yellow onions, chopped
- 1 bulb garlic, smashed/cracked
- 1 Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- ½ tsp ginger powder or fresh ginger
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala*
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- Heat oil in pot. Add pumpkins, onion, garlic and apple.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients.
- Add 3 cups of water or until your desired consistency is achieved.
- Boil for approximately 10 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft.
- Take out the cinnamon stick and puree with a blender (do batches if necessary) or stick mixer.
* Garam masala is a blend of ground spices common in North Indian and other South Asian cuisines. It is used alone or with other seasonings.
Download PDF here:Kate Hanam International GF Pumpkin Soup