Recipe by: Jas Schaap
- 3-4 large potatoes
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 90 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup peas
- 3 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 6 eggs
- Preheat oven to 150 °C (200 °C if baking ovens instead of frying them, see below).
- Add 30ml of olive oil into a pan.
- Dice the onion and fry until crispy – remove and put to one side.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into disks 1 cm thick.
- Heat 30ml of oil in a large frying pan and cook gently for 15-20 minutes turning occasionally until the potatoes soften. (For time sensitive cooks, put the potatoes in the oven for 20 mins with a drizzle of oil at 200 C).
- Combine the following ingredients into a frying pan – potatoes, peas, parsley, and onions.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the other 30ml of the olive oil so as not to allow the eggs to stick to the bottom.
- Beat the eggs until light and fluffy and add, mixing and incorporating all the flavors into the eggs – don’t worry about crushing the potatoes. Cook on a medium heat for 3 mins.
- When almost set, put the omelette into the oven for 20-30 mins at 150 C.
- Remove and place a plate over the pan and tip the omelets upside-down to serve.
Download PDF here: Jas Schaap Tortilla Espanola (Spanish Omelette)