Recipe by: Vie Blonk
Source: Vie Blonk
When serving as a starter put some rocket (or other lettuce) on a plate and serve the pieces on there.
- 4 small eggs (or 15 quail eggs), hard boiled
- 3 sausages (Take whichever you like best. Can be German, Italian, can be with garlic, rosemary – or plain)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Some chopped chives for garnish
- Some mustard for garnish
- Remove the skin from the sausages and flatten the meat.
- Peel the skin from the eggs and coat the eggs with a layer of meat, about ½ cm thick for the large eggs and less if you can for the quail eggs.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and cook the meatballs until brown and cooked through (takes about 8-10 minutes).
- Cut the balls into slices (halves for the quail eggs) and serve with a bit of mustard and/or a chive.
* You can make this recipe with small chicken eggs or quail eggs. The amount of eggs and meat varies therefore, but the work is the same.
Download PDF here: Vie Blonk European Surprise Meatballs