Recipe by: Vie Blonk
Source: Vie Blonk
Serves: 8 people as appetizer, 4 people if starter
*Can be adapted to vegetarian
- 1 ripe melon
- 4 slices of Parma ham
- 2 slices of thin filo pastry
- ½ cup good olive oil
- ½ cup white wine (optional)
- salt & pepper
- Mint leaves (for garnish)
- 1 red chili, chopped (for garnish)
Instructions (For Parma Ham Breadsticks)
Pre heat the oven to 180 C (350 F)
- Lie down 2 slices of Parma ham.
- On top of that lie the two slices of filo pastry.
- Cover with the other two slices of ham and cut into 8 bars.
- Twist the bars length wise once or twice and put on a baking tray.
- Put the tray in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- You can make variations with sesame seeds or cheese (vegetarian).
Instructions (For the Melon Gazpacho)
- In the mean time peel the melon, take out the seeds and dice the flesh.
- Put in a blender so that it becomes smooth.
- Add the olive oil (and white wine, optional).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into glasses (as appetizer) or bowls (as starter).
- Garnish with mint leaves, a few chopped chilies, and top with the breadstick.
Download PDF here: Vie Blonk Spanish Melon Gazpacho with Parma Ham Breadsticks