Recipe by: Veena Poojari
Source: Veena Poojari
Can be served as a side dish (top photo) or as an appetizer if served on a slice of French baguette with a chickpea on top (bottom photo). Can also be server as a main course – no bread, just an egg on top.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 white onion, chopped length wise
- 1 red onion, chopped length wise (optional, this is to add color
- Date syrup (optional, can find at Mustafa)
- 1 large bell pepper (capsicum), any color or mix of colors (to total size of 1 pepper)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp flat parsley chopped
- Or 2 tsp coriander leaves, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder to taste
- 1-2 preserved lemons (optional)
- Add olive oil to a frying pan. Add garlic and onion and cook for 1 min.
- Add a bit of date syrup or pomegranate molasses for a bit of sweetness (optional).
- Add the bell pepper (capsicum), tomatoes, salt, and red chili powder. Cook for 6-10 mins.
- Add preserved lemons (optional) and parsley (or coriander leaves) and serve.
Download PDF here: Veena Poojari Moroccan Chakchuka