Recipe by: Yuka Fukata
Source: ” Onigirazu Idea Book” by Erika Kanewaru
Serves: 1 or 2
- 2 pieces seaweed
- 1 pack fermented soybeans
- 2-3 cm leek, chopped
- 1 Tbls boiled kombu seasoned in sweet/spicy soya sauce
- 2 leaves lettuce
- 320 g cooked Japanese rice
- 1 small can of tuna, drained of the excess liquid
- 2 Tbls mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
Instructions (for the Onigirazu with fermented soybeans)
- Stir fermented soybeans until it becomes sticky.
- Add the leek and kombu. Toss gently.
- Place food wrap on the plate with the seaweed on top.
- Top with 80 g of rice (square shape).
- Add the fermented soybeans mix and 1 lettuce leaf.
- Finish with 80 g of rice.
- Wrap up all the ingredients and leave it for 3 min.
- Cut it half and take out the food wrap.
Instructions (for the Onigirazu with tuna)
- Mix tuna, mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
- Follow the same procedure as for the fermented soybeans filling.
Download PDF here: Yuka Fukata Japanese Onigirazu (Seaweed, Soybean or Tuna, Rice Parcels)