Recipe by: Yuka Fukata
Source: adapted from a combination of different blog recipes
- 4-5 russet potatoes (medium size)
- 200 g minced meet (beef or pork)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3-4 Tbls fresh cream
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg
- Wheat flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- Panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- Frying oil
- Boil or steam the unpeeled potatoes. Once cooked, peel them while still hot and mash.
- Fry the minced meat in a small amount of oil and add the chopped onion.
- Add salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
- Mix together the mashed potatoes with the cream and cooked mince meat.
- Shape into balls or medium-sized patties. Cover it with flour, then egg, and finally Panko.
- Deep fry in oil.
Download PDF here: Yuka Fukata Japanese Korokke (Potato Meat Balls)