Recipe by: Vie Blonk
Source: Vie Blink
Serves: 8 people as appetizer, 4 people if starter
When serving as a starter put some rocket (or other lettuce) on a plate and put the pieces on there. When serving as finger food you can put some toast underneath. *Can be adapted to vegetarian
- 4 figs
- 8 thin slices of Parma ham (use toasted slices of French baguette for vegetarian version)
- 16 small pieces of soft cheese (Port Salut is fine but use whatever you like)
Pre heat the oven to 180 C (350 F)
- Half the slices of Parma ham to create a base and put those on a baking tray.
- Cut the figs into 4 slices each.
- Put a slice of fig on a slice of Parma ham and put a piece of cheese on top.
- Put the tray in the oven for 5 minutes to melt the cheese (some cheeses take longer, so check!).
- Allow it to cool a little before serving. It is supposed to be ‘tiède’ (lukewarm).
Download PDF here: Vie Blonk French Italian Figs with Parma Ham and Cheese