Recipe: Vie Blonk
Source: Vie Blonk
Serves: 8 people as appetizer, 4 people if starter
Serve as suggested or any other way you like. As appetizers one scallop per person, as starter two scallops. I like to drizzle some of the butter from the pan on the plates for some extra flavor.
- 4 strips of pancetta, coppa or Parma ham.
- Can also be bresaola (beef!)
- 1 cauliflower (mid size)
- salt & pepper
- 2 sprigs thyme leaves (optional)
- (and/or ½ tsp nutmeg, optional)
- Few Tbsp low fat cream or butter
- Olive oil
- 8 scallops
Instructions (for the Cauliflower Puree)
Pre heat the oven to 180 C (350 F)
- Put the pancetta (or variation) on a baking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes until crisp.
- Clean the cauliflower until you have only the florets.
- Cook them in milk (enough to cover) with salt and thyme (optional, if you like you can also use nutmeg) for 30 minutes.
- Strain and blend with some low fat cream or butter until the mousse becomes smooth and creamy.
- Re heat (slowly!) while you bake the scallops.
Download PDF here: Vie Blonk European Cauliflower Puree with Scallops