Recipe by: Briony Blohm
Serves: 6 – 8
Source: Briony Blohm’s mother
- 1 kg ripe juicy tomatoes
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 small white onion
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 cucumber
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- ½ tablespoon of salt
- lots of black pepper
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 piece of French bread or white bread
- Lashings of Worcestershire sauce (this is optional, and is where my Mum’s recipe deviates from being authentic. It gives a slight kick to the soup).
- Rinse the tomatoes.
- Peel the garlic clove.
- Peel the onion & chop into 4 pieces.
- Remove stalk and all seeds from the peppers, chop.
- Peel the cucumber so that there is no green left.
- Place the bread in a bowl of water in order to soak it. Once soaked, squeeze the bread with your hands to remove most of the water.
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor and use on the highest speed and power until everything is blended as much as possible. The gazpacho should look creamy.
- Place in a container and refrigerate for several hours.
- Serve very cold. The colder the better!
Download PDF here: Briony Blohm Spanish Tomato Gazpacho