Recipe by: Claudia Anzur
Source: Claudia Anzur, inspired by / recreated local dish
In Latin American countries, these are usually offered as a side instead of french fries.
- 4 green plantains
- Vegetable oil to fry
- Chop ends off of plantains.
- To peel, make an incision with a sharp knife along the edge lines of the plantain (lengthwise). This will help pull the skin off as it is usually hard to do with green plantains.
- Slice into thick chunks.
- Fry until brown.
- Take them out of the frying pan and smash tem flat with the bottom of a glass.
- Fry them again until brown and crispy.
- Can be eaten on their own or with ketchup, and/or cheese, or top them with the ceviche!