Served on its own, with salt crackers, or on top of patacones.
Recipe by: Claudia Anzur
Source: Claudia Anzur, inspired by / recreated local dish
- 4 sea bass fillets (about 900 g total), sliced thin and cut into small cubes
- Juice from more or less 23 small limes (calamansi if possible, can use other kinds, any will do)
- 1 Tbsp chopped red chili (very very finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- 2 ½ Tbsp purple onion, chopped into very thin and small squares
- 1 Tbsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp water
- Put sea bass cubes in a glass bowl (do not use metal bowl – the citrus and metal will react).
- Cover fish in lime juice. Add red chili, coriander, onion, sea salt, and water.
- Stir (with wooden spoon, not metal). Cover bowl with plastic wrap.
- Let sit in the fridge for 12 hours.
- Can be eaten on its own or with salt crackers, tortilla chips or patacones (fried green plantains).
Download PDF here: Claudia Anzur Panama Ceviche