Recipe by: Meghan Sanders
Source: Adapted from The Canyon Ranch Cookbook entitled “Nourish”, by Scott Uehlein
- ~7-10 shallots, minced
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth(or can also use water)
- 1 cup pomegranate juice (use a natural variety with no added sugars or other juice types)
- 1 Tbls butter
- ¾ cup pine nuts
- Seeds of 1-2 pomegranates
- 2 ¼ cups cous cous
- 3-4 Tbls chopped mint
- Dry roast pine nuts in a skillet until golden brown and
- Sauté shallots in a pot with olive oil until shallots are translucent and quite soft but not yet turning brown.
- Once shallots are finished cooking add broth and pomegranate juice and heat until just starting to boil.
- Add butter and once butter is melted turn off the heat.
- Add cous cous and cover. Note that the liquid should only stand a maximum of 1 cm above the level of the cous cous when the cous cous is added. If there is more liquid than this you should add more cous cous or the final product will be a bit soupy.
- Let stand covered until ready to serve. (Allow cous cous to steam and absorb all liquids for at least ~5 minutes before serving.)
- Place in serving bowl, fluff cous cous and mix in pine nuts, pomegranate seeds and chopped mint.
Download PDF here: Meghan Sanders Pomegranate Cous Cous