Recipe by: Meghan Sanders
- 4 oz (~ 113g) of unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup (225g) of unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- Melt butter and chocolate and set aside away from heat to let it cool.
- Beat eggs and add sugar. Stir or mix until well combined. Stir in vanilla.
- After ensuring the chocolate mixture has had sufficient time to cool, slowly add this to the egg mixture. This is easiest to do with an electric mixer.
- After chocolate and egg mixtures are combined, stir in flour.
- Take care to remove any lumps. Pour batter into square baking pan or (for ‘dressier look’ use a circular spring-form cake pan).
- Bake at 350F (175C) for 30-40 minutes.
- If you would like a ‘dressed up’ brownie, sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with berries.
Download PDF here: Meghan Sanders Chocolate Brownies