Recipe by: Meghan Sanders
- 2 ½ cups of all purpose flour
- ¾ cup of golden caster sugar
- 2 ½ tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 (~325mL) beer, can or bottle
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add beer and stir until well blended and any lumps have disappeared.
- Bake in a buttered or parchment lined bread pan at 350F (175C) for 45-60 minutes using the upper and lower grill setting.
- When done a knife or toothpick inserted into the bread will come out clean.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2-3 Tbls icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Zest of one organic orange
- 3 Tbls freshly squeezed orange juice
- Place cream, salt, zest and icing sugar in a mixing bowl and whip on high speed with an electric mixer. Use a whisk attachment if possible.
- You will need to stop the mixer and scrape down the sides several times during mixing to make sure all is well combined. After approximately 10 minutes the cream will separate into butter. The butter will cling to the beater.
- Drain the remaining liquids and scrape the butter off the whisk. Using a paddle attachment on the mixer add the orange juice and mix. If the butter is not sweet enough to your taste, you can add honey at this point as well.
Download PDF here: Meghan Sanders Beer Bread and Orange Butter