Recipe by: Salma Rajani
Serve with Rice
- 1 chicken (~ 1-1.5 kg) – best to have chicken on bone which are cut into small pieces
- 4-5 tomatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 Tbls oil or ghee
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp red chili
- 2-3 fresh green chilies slit (deseeded if you prefer a less hot curry)
- 1 Tbls dried fenugreek leaves
- 1 Tbls coriander seeds toasted and crushed
- Coriander fresh for garnish
- 1Tbsp ginger garlic paste (equal quantities)
- Fresh ginger sliced for garnish
- In a pan put oil/ ghee, add the chicken plus onions, fry for 2 mins. Don’t fry the onions too much. This is a tomato based dish and over frying the onions will change the flavor of the dish.
- Add ginger garlic paste. Fry for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, coriander seeds crushed, red chili powder, green chilies, salt and black pepper. Cover and let it cook on a medium flame till chicken is tender (approximately 10-15 mins).
- . Don’t cover the pan completely to let the water in the pan evaporate.
- Add a tablespoon of fenugreek leaves, coriander leaves and ginger.
- Ready to serve.
Download PDF here: Salman Rajani Abbas_ Pakistani Chicken Karmai dish