Recipe by: Julie Knox
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 6 greens onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1 avocado – peeled, pitted and diced (optional)
- Place lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper in a small jar. Cover with lid, and shake until ingredients are well mixed.
- In a salad bowl, combine beans, corn, bell pepper, tomatoes, green onions (and cilantro & avocado if you like).
- Pour the lime dressing over the salad.
- Stir salad to coat vegetables and beans with dressing.
- Serve with corn tortillas
Download PDF here: Julie Knox Mexican Black Bean and Corn Salad