Recipe by: Julie Knox
Serve with grilled vegetables
- 450 g chicken breast without skin, cut up into cubes
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Mix marinade (garlic, salt, cinnamon, black pepper, allspice, oil and lemon juice) in a plastic bag.
- Add chicken and fully coat. Close bag and marinate for 3-6 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- 30 min before grilling remove from refrigerator, allowing it to reach room temperature.
- Thread onto skewers (if using wood, soak, weighted so water covers for about ½ hour).
- Grill over medium charcoal fire, basting and turning several times, until browned. (You can also grill in the oven. Pre-heat the oven and grill for 6-8 minutes, basting half-way through)
- Serve with grilled vegetables.
Download PDF here: Julie Knox Lebanese Shish Taouk (Chicken Cubes)