Recipe by: Jane Wu
Source: Family recipe (Jane Wu’s mother and 6 aunts taught her)
Serve with steamed rice
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed (~400 g boneless chicken breasts)
- Marinate: 2 Tbsp Chinese cooking wine, 2 Tbsp light soy soy, 4 Tbls cornstarch
- 4-5 boneless chicken legs, cubed
- 3 Tbls Chinese vinegar
- 2 Tbls Chinese cooking wine
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 4 Tbls cornstarch
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbls sugar
- 5 whole dried chili pepper, break into 2-3 pieces each
- 2 scallions (spring onions)
- 1-2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 inch piece of ginger root, julienned
- ¼ cup peanuts
- Scallions (spring onions) to garnish
- Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the sauce: Add the vinegar, cooking wine, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, and chili pepper to a bowl. Stir until the sugar and cornstarch are dissolved. Set aside.
- Add oil to a frying pan. Add the chicken and stir-fry (while stirring) until no longer pink (2-3 mins).
- Add the scallions, garlic, ginger and stir fry about 30 seconds.
- Add the sauce, cornstarch dissolved in a bit of water first, and peanuts and cook for another 1-2 mins.
- Sprinkle with extra chopped scallions for garnish and serve.
Download PDF here: Jane Wu Kung Pao Chicken