Recipe by: Tanushree Mathur
* Chaat is a term describing savory snacks, typically served at road-side tracks from stalls or food carts in India, Pakistan, Nepal and Bangladesh. With its origins in Uttar Pradesh, chaat has become immensely popular in the rest of South Asia.
- ½ kg frozen sweet corn
- 1 onion 1, finely chopped
- 1 tomato 1, finely chopped
- ½ cucumber, finely chopped
- Chopped coriander to garnish
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt or rock salt to taste
- Black pepper powder
- Chaat masala – a powder spice blend (optional) – see photos
- Green chilies, deseeded and chopped finely (optional)
- Microwave the sweet corn kernels until done. This usually takes a minute or two.
- Cool and mix together with all the other ingredients.
- Check the taste and adjust seasoning accordingly.
- Serve immediately.
Download PDF here: Tanushree Corn Chaat