Source: Adaptation of a very famous Italian recipe made in Puglia region: Orecchiette, Broccoli and Pancetta
(Usually 1 portion = 75 – 80g pasta)
- 300/320g pasta
- 500g broccoli, rinsed and cut into small florets
- 150g bacon (smoked), cut into cubtes
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Chilli Flakes
- Stir fry the bacon in the olive oil, add the garlic and chilli flakes and fry for 1 minute more. Set aside.
- Heat the water to boil, add the salt and cook the pasta. During half cooking stir in the broccoli. Once it is cooked, drain and transfer in the pan with the bacon. Reheat everything and mix well.
- Serve with a dash of olive oil and grated parmesan cheese.
Download PDF version: Fusilli broccoli and bacon recipe Tania